Alessandro is a self-trained documentary photographer, which has a special interest for stories in East Europe and Ex-Soviet Union Countries.
His career as a photographer started at the end of 2008 after working for almost five years with Medecins Sans Frontieres as a biologist.
Photography for Alessandro is the link between those who have a story to tell and those willing to hear it. What he most enjoys about his work is the interaction with people and the countless stories that he comes across.
He is based in Barcelona, Spain with his partner Rosemarie and his son Matias.
Alessandro is part of the collective CAPTA
· Forgotten Italians Exhibition, March 2018, with Erik Messori, Mashid Mohadjerin and Francesco Pistilli · prod. Annecristie Badiu, Venice, Italy.
· Final de Línea Exhibition, November 2017, Ruta DOCfield with Marco Ansaloni, Barcelona, Spain.
· The Hidden School Book, September 2016, selected for The Other Hundred Educators Book launch.
· Weird Animals Slideshow, December 2015, Angkor Photo Festival, Cambodia.
· Weird Animals Exhibition, July 2015, DOCfield, Barcelona, Spain.
· Rosemarie’s Baby Book Presentation, December 2013, CAMeC – Reading Photographs, La Spezia, Italy.
· N4 Exhibition, September 2013, with Ama-Aquilone, Ascoli Piceno, Italy.
· The Hidden School Exhibition, September 2012, finalist of PHE OjodePez Award, Barcelona, Spain.
· Belarus Free Theater Slideshow, November 2010, Foiano Fotografia, Italy.
· Storie in Tre Scatti Exhibition, June-September 2010, Camera 16, Milan, Italy.
· Forgotten Italians Exhibition, April 2010, Citerna Fotografia, Italy.
· Belarus Free Theater Exhibition, October 2009, VIE Scena Contemporanea Festival, Modena, Italy.